You can get fast ferry/hydrofoils to Capri from Naples’ main port Molo Beverello (40 min). There are also some slower boats (fast ferry 50 min, ferry 80 min) leaving from Porta di Massa, which is 500 m from Molo Beverello. Information about timetables can be found at the following link http://www.capritourism.com/en/ship-timetable.
How to reach Molo Beverello:
- Arriving by plane: from Napoli Capodichino Airport it takes about 45 min to reach the Port of Naples. The company Alibus runs a bus that leaves in front of terminal 1 every 20-30 minutes. The bus makes two stops, one at the central train station (Piazza Garibaldi), the second at Piazza Municipio. The port (Molo Beverello) is at the sea side of Piazza Municipio square. Tickets can be bought at the store Sun Store Tabacchi at the airport, or on the bus. Taxis are also available (ride to Molo Beverello about 25 euro; there are also fixed rates, inclusive of baggage, regardless of the number of passengers carried; advise the driver before the taxi moves off).
- Arriving by train: Stazione Centrale (Central Station) is connected with the port (15 min) by bus (R2) or tramway (1); stops are in Piazza Garibaldi, opposite to Stazione Centrale. Taxis are also available (ride to Molo Beverello about 15 euro; there are also fixed rates, inclusive of baggage, regardless of the number of passengers carried; advise the driver before the taxi moves off). An alternative and faster route is to take the Metro directly from Stazione Centrale. Take Linea 1 direction Piscinola and get out at the second stop, which is Piazza Municipio. This will allow you to glimpse at what has been defined the most beautiful metro in the world.
Parking in Naples, for those arriving by car:
The nearest car parking to Naples’ Molo Beverello is the Buono car park. Reservation is suggested (only 100 cars admitted). Near ferry port at Calata di Massa, one option is Tirreni Parking. An other option is the large Brin car park, located close to the motorway exit. From there you will need to take a taxi, a bus (155) or a tramway (4) to the port area. Other options exist, some with shuttle service to port area.
How to reach Anacapri:
Anacapri is one of the two main villages in the island of Capri (the other one is called “Capri”, like the whole island). To reach Anacapri:
- From Marina Grande (the arrival port) take the direct bus to Anacapri (runs on average every 15 min; it takes 15 min.; buy a ticket at the ticket-desk).
- If you want to stop first in Capri town, buy at the ticket-desk in Marina Grande a ticket for the “Funicolare” (cable-car) (runs every 15 min.; it takes 4 min.) that takes directly into Capri town. From Capri town to Anacapri take the bus (runs every 10 minutes; it takes 10 min.). You need a second ticket for this ride.
- From Marina Grande (the arrival port) take a taxi (it costs about 25 Euros; it takes 10 min.; verify the price before boarding the taxi).
How to reach Villa Orlandi:
From the Piazza Vittoria bus stop in Anacapri, follow this suggested route to Villa Orlandi.